- Product Information
New products Face Stock for Sticker Label SGM 80 and SDI 80 launched from July 1
- Simultaneous lineup of two high-performance Face Stock for Sticker Label products!
July 1, 2020
From July 1, 2020, YUPO CORPORATION (Kanda Surugadai, Chiyoda, Tokyo; Masashi Watanabe, President, "Yupo") will market SGM 80 and SDI 80 as high-performance products in the Face Stock for Sticker Label synthetic paper series.
SGM 80 and SDI 80 feature less paper dust caused by the loss of inorganic filler, which was an issue with previous products. The new products improve printing and suitability for printing on conventional printing machinery such as letterpress, offset, flexo, and gravure. Also, the products are suitable for a wide range of industrial digital printing machines and can meet today's expanding market demand for digital printing.
Positioning these products as high-performance items in the YUPOTACK series, Yupo will meet the diverse needs of its customers and contribute to the realization of products with new functions and values.
SGM 80 features outstanding suitability for industrial digital printing machines
In addition to improving suitability for conventional printing, SGM 80 Face Stock for Sticker Label paper features greatly improved suitability for industrial digital printing machines such as UV inkjet printers and laser printers.
- Offers excellent ink water-resistant adhesion and water abrasion resistance for a wide range of printing methods. Helps to reduce varnish processing during printing.
- With extremely low bleeding during UV inkjet printing, the product is also suitable for printing very small text.
- Reduced curling during printing due to improved heat resistance and toner adhesion on the product surface. Can also be used as a face stock for adhesive labels for laser printers that are commonly used in locations such as offices. Also, Yupo has obtained the strictest Section 3 certification of the British standard BS5609 for labels used in sea freight when the adhesive processed product is combined a specific label laser printer*1.
In addition to conventional label applications, Yupo plans to extend use to GHS*2 labels and control labels for which even greater demand is expected.
SDI 80—ideal for HP Indigo digital printing presses
In addition to improving suitability for conventional printing, SDI 80 Face Stock for Sticker Label is certified for HP Indigo digital printing presses.
- The product can be printed on without pre-coating, helping to reduce delivery times and costs.
- It offers excellent ink water-resistant adhesion and water abrasion resistance with HP Indigo digital printing presses. Helps to reduce varnish processing during printing.
By utilizing the combination of high-definition print quality that is characteristic of HP Indigo digital printing presses and variable information printing that is possible with digital printing, it is expected that SDI 80 will be used for beverage labels and stickers that require a high level of print reproducibility.
- *1PLAVI Pro1050/Pro1040, JP621-LC manufactured by Japan Electronics Ind., Inc.
- *2Labels provided under globally unified rules with harmonized classification criteria for each hazard level of chemicals and harmonized content for labels and safety datasheets.
- *3The photograph is for illustrative purposes only.
|Product name||Face Stock for Sticker Label [high-performance product]|
|Grade||SGM 80||SDI 80|
|Thickness||80μm / 66.4g/m2||80μm / 66.4g/m2|
|Product features||In addition to improving suitability for conventional printing, these products achieve excellent ink water-resistant adhesion and water abrasion resistance for various types of printing, and reduced bleeding with UV inkjet printers. It is expected that these Face Stock for Sticker Label products will be used as face stock for adhesive labels for laser printers||In addition to improving suitability for conventional printing, these Face Stock for Sticker Label products can be printed on without pre-coating with HP Indigo digital printing presses and feature excellent ink water-resistant adhesion and water abrasion resistance|
|Printing method||Compatible with letterpress, offset rotary printing, flexo printing, gravure printing, silk screen, industrial digital printing machinery|
|Product applications||Various face stocks for stickers/adhesive Labels|
|Availability||Roll product only.
Please inquire regarding availability.
|Products are available in A4 size.
Please contact us if you would like to receive a test sample.
|Start of sales||July 1, 2020|
Please use the button below for inquiries to request samples or to contact by email.
Inquiries about this matter
- *"YUPO" and "YUPOTACK" are registered trademarks of YUPO CORPORATION.