- Company Information
YUPO CORPORATION R&D Center Building Construction Completed
January 29, 2020
Yupo Corporation (Kanda Surugadai, Chiyoda, Tokyo; Masashi Watanabe, President) is pleased to announce that its R&D center is now in operation since January 2020.
Yupo started building this R&D center in 2018 in order to, by enhancing Yupo's product development capability, meet today's varying market demands as well as the requirements posed by environmentally friendly products that satisfy the SDGs. Various pilot, prototype, and testing equipment distributed across the factory is now aggregated into the R&D center, as well as the practical evaluation machines (printing machines, labeling machines, decoration apparatus, and so on) and the latest analysis/inspection machines are implemented in the R&D center. This center serves as Yupo Group's core center, for both domestic and overseas companies, for its R&D, accelerating the group's innovative product development processes.
The previous factory sites related to R&D will be leveraged to increase Yupo's production capacity to meet the future demands, by rolling out the production facilities that support various types of products and new products.
Yupo R&D Center Overview
- Built at the site next to Kashima Plant
- A two-story reinforced concrete construction; 1,375m2 (55m x 25m) building area
- Consisting of benchmarking equipment and various labs, evaluation facility, administration office, and meeting areas
- Total cost: 1,300 million JPY
- Construction company: Mitsubishi Chemical Engineering Corporation